LABORATORY 12 - VISION SYSTEMS FOR INSPECTION
Purpose: To learn to use the DVT cameras as input sensors for PLCs
Overview: The DVT cameras are selfcontained vision systems. At the simplest these process images and perform checks that result in pass fail test results.
1. Follow the tutorial for the DVT units.
2. Review the manual for the 630 camera at www.dvtsensors.com
3. Develop a system as suggested in the process below. This should include at least wiring diagrams and ladder logic.
The process will have a motor that drives a conveyor system. As parts move along the belt they are detected with a proximity sensor. When they move into range of the sensor the camera should perform a test for quality control. If the part is to be rejected a cylinder will fire and eject the part.
1. Follow the DVT quickstart book to become familiar with the hardware.
2. Build the system designed in the prelab and select a ’part’ to test it with.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]