Jack, H., “Education, A Supplier for Every Company”, Westec Manufacturing Summit, Los Angeles, CA, March 2007.
Education, A Supplier for Every Company
by Hugh Jack, Ph.D., P.Eng., Professor and Chair, Product Design and Manufacturing Engineering
The Question: What are you doing as an education institution to partner with industry and solve their workforce, education and training problems?
The Answer: For my institution the relationship is cooperative.
- Our graduates are easily employed.
- Grand Valley State University was named Supplier of the Year 2007 by Mill Steel.
- We have been able to reverse manufacturing enrollment trends with the Product Design and Manufacturing Engineering program.
- The image of manufacturing is reducing student demand for manufacturing programs
- In our area there are a number of problems commonly identified by employers
knowledge of applicable technologies
knowledge of current topics
[an error occurred while processing this directive]