1.4 SHADED POLYGONS
• This method is identical to the previous method, except a polygon will be filled with pixels of varying color, which makes the object appear more real.
• A Light Source(s) is defined for a picture. The light has a specific color, direction, distance, etc.
• Ambient light (background, non-direct) also plays a part.
• The color of a pixel will change with the angle of the polygon to the light, the distance from the light, the color of the light, etc.
- the solid begins to look like cartoons, or paintings
- still simple to understand and implement
- can be slow
- requires shaded image display capabilities
• Many Shading methods can be used to give different approximations of light,
- Goroud shading
- Phong shading
[an error occurred while processing this directive]