1. 3.2 PRESENTING WITH TECHNOLOGY
• Some techniques for success are,
- Use the computer to present new material, then turn on the lights and do problems on the board.
- If the computer screen is in front of a whiteboard, pull up the screen, and add notes using the screen underneath.
- Interact with the audience - Ask questions about what was just covered, give a simple problem to solve
- Say something ridiculous to get a response.
- Tell a joke.
- Walk into the seats.
- Borrow something for an example.
- Know the software and hardware.
- Keep a bit of ‘MTV’ style in mind. Videos, sounds and other moving things help.
- Do a ‘dress rehearsal’ well before - small details such as fonts can ruin all the other efforts. Ask somebody to sit through a short trial run.
- Turn on the lights and solve problems on the board frequently, it will wake up students going to sleep in the dark.
- use the spell checker
- Watch out for equations
- Set up a model for the presentation
- Show up for presentations early to become familiar with equipment
- When testing, test beginning to end, small things can halt the presentation
[an error occurred while processing this directive]