1. 3.0 PRESENTATION TECHNOLOGY
• Some technology tips include
- limit the use of sound/video as formats are not supported universally
- use hyperlink to files to be used for demonstrations - this can automatically start applications
- for photographs use full screen images with good brightness
- visuals can be distributed by the web
- the presentation can be changed at the last minute
- can make presentations easy to prepare
- cut/paste is easier than with other methods
- more time is required to deal with the technology
- some support is normally required for networks, projectors, etc.
- computer support is not yet universal. Computer projectors are expensive, and network connections are uncommon and complex to connect.
- hardware and software is not yet common, and each new piece of equipment has a learning curve.
- The resolution of computers is well below overheads and slides
- more time is required to get familiar with equipment
- it is hard to write on the screen
1.1 3.1 COMMON HARDWARE/SOFTWARE