1. TOTAL QUALITY CONTROL
• Developed by Dr. A.V. Feigenbaum in the 1950’s at G.E.
• Includes all level of management.
• quality should be first and foremost in everybodies minds
• In the production cycle the quality control activities are defined as,
1. New design
- selling quality products
- engineering quality products
- planning quality processes
2. Incoming material control
- buying quality material
- receiving and inspecting quality material
3. Product Control,
- Manufacturing quality parts and products
- inspecting and testing quality products
- shipping quality products
- installing and servicing quality products
• Basic requirements for implementation,
1. Management must re-emphasize the quality responsibilities, and accountabilities of each employee, regardless of position
2. Create a Quality Department that will be responsible for the maintenance of quality.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]