1.5 ADVANCED TOPICS
1.5.1 Simulation/Off-line Programming
• How a robot interacts with the environment makes it difficult to program off-line. To do this successfully, a complete simulation of the robot workspace is required.
• One excellent example of a simulation package is CIMStation by Silma. It allows full construction of the robots workspace, and subsequent testing.
• Examples of simulated operation in CIMStation are,
- kinematic and dynamic simulation
• The simulators available for the robots in the lab allow off-line programming and simulations.