1.2 PRACTICE PROBLEMS
1. The best location for the PLC enclosure is:
a) close to the incoming power
c) close to the machine or process
d) far away from the machine or process
2. Typically, programmable controller systems installed inside an enclosure can withstand a maximum of:
3. Input/Output racks are not typically placed:
4. The I/O placement and wiring documents should be updated:
b) every time there is a change
5. What steps are required to replace a defective PLC?
(ans. in a rack the defective card is removed and replaced. If the card has wiring terminals these are removed first, and connected to the replacement card.)
6. Draw the electrical schematic and panel layout for the relay logic below. The system will be connected to 3 phase power. Be sure to include a master power disconnect.