• In tracking controllers we assume that the setpoint will be moving. As a result we will focus on a desired error function, instead of an overall transfer function.
• To do this we must first develop a function that relates the elements of the control loop, to the desired error response,
• Specific controllers can be developed using the relationships used for the positioning controllers.
• As an example tracking control would be needed in your hand for curved letters, positioning would result in block letters.
1.2.1 Minimum Error
• The method behind this controller is very similar to the deadbeat controller, we try to eliminate the error in a single step,
• Find a controller for the transfer function given below, assuming a ramped input with a sampling time of 0.2 seconds. Use a maximum error of 0.02.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]