1.6 BODE PLOTS
• In the previous section we considered using Bode plots to find gain, and phase shift. These plots were calculated one point at a time to construct the graphs, they may also be constructed using approximate techniques. The approximate techniques lose some accuracy, but are very quick.
• Phase angle plots are done in a similar manner,
• In the previous examples the bode plots were done for real roots. When there are complex roots we will have a second order system, and we must used the added steps below.
• These generally have an effect on the Bode plot that is very evident.
• Under the influence of damping, the natural frequency will shift slightly,