1. SYSTEM RESPONSES
• We can categorize certain systems into well known divisions. In many cases this will permit some back of the envelope calculations.
• When we consider responses we look at the type of input applied. These typically include,
• The most common analysis involves applying a step function to the system. The type of response tells us a great deal about the nature of the system.
- first order - a simpler system that tends to be made of passive components and will come to rest
- second order - a system that has natural frequencies
[an error occurred while processing this directive]