1.2 EXAMPLE SYSTEMS
• To develop equations for electrical circuits there are some items to follow,
1. For each component, assume a current flow, then label the current direction, and resulting voltage polarity across each element.
2. Examine the circuit,
- Look for sections where components can be combined to have simpler values.
- Look for elements such as voltage dividers, current dividers, etc.
- Look for nodes where the voltage will be known, apply Kirchof’s current law.
- Look for branches where the current will be known, apply the Voltage law.
- If multiple loops with separate sources exist, use the mesh method.
3. Develop equations
4. Eliminate unwanted values.
• Consider the system below,
• Practice problem,