1. PROCESS PLANNING
• Process planning is the selection of operation and parameters required to manufacture a part.
• A process plan is a list of operations required to manufacture a part.
• This technique is quite inexact, and never perfect.
• Some strategies that can be used to do process planning are,
- Most significant feature first
• In general a process plan is put together in pieces, but at all times we will be trying to convert features on the design to operations on the process plan.
• Many of the parameters that effect the process planning decisions are related to a part, and to a process being considered.
1.1 TECHNOLOGY DRIVEN FEATURES
1.2 MOST SIGNIFICANT FEATURE FIRST
1.3 DATABASE METHODS
1.4 MANUFACTURING VOLUMES
1.5 STANDARD PARTS
1.6 PRACTICE PROBLEMS