1. ELECTROSTATIC SPRAYING
• Used to coat an object to,
- reduce corrosion
- protect against scratching
- stop contact with air/water/chemicals/etc
- alter appearance
• Electrostatic paintig methods
- increases the production rate
- reduces paint wastage
- are well suited to automation
- give good finishes
• The basic process is,
- before/as the paint is sprayed, it is given a negative charge (extra electrons).
- The workpiece is positively charged, thus attracting the paint particles
- The paint is generally sprayed at the workpiece, the electrostatics even out the dispersion, and reduce wastage.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]