1. FORGING (to be expanded)
• The forging process typically involves,
1. Having material in a bulk form such as billet, bar, ingot, etc. The material may be heated.
2. Developing dies for the final part.
3. The material is placed between dies, and the dies are closed with force.
4. As the dies close the material reforms.
5. The material may be repositioned, or placed between another die set for continued shaping.
6. The final part is trimmed and prepared for use.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]