1. A mandrel (or die for internal pieces) is placed on a rotating axis (like a turning center).
2. A blank or tube is held to the face of the mandrel.
3. A roller is pushed against the material near the center of rotation, and slowly moved. outwards, pushing the blank against the mandrel.
4. the part conforms to the shape of the mandrel (with some springback).
5. The process is stopped, and the part is removed and trimmed.
• This process can form very large items well over 10’ in diameter.
• Items that can be produced are,