1.4 IMPLEMENTING A COMPUTER CONTROL SYSTEM
• The steps below are typically essential for replacing an existing/new control system with a computer control system:
1. do an analysis of the existing/similar system.
2. clearly list control objectives
3. list outputs required to meet objectives
4. list inputs required to meet objectives
5. determine logical relationships between the inputs and outputs
6. write programs for relationships found in last step
7. document all aspects of the system
• SCADA (System Control And Data Acquisition) systems are based around a central computer.
• The central computer communicates with remote computers/PLCs/sensors to issue control commands and collect data.