1. SYSTEM DESIGN
• This field is largely overlooked, not because it is unimportant, but because most engineers are educated in selected disciplines, and this is an interdisciplinary topic.
• Most of the successful uses of this topic have been by computer system designers, electrical engineers, and aerospace designers.
• The basic set of problems in any system design are,
- what functions are needed
- how do the modules interact
- what do we do when a module fails
- how reliable is a system
[an error occurred while processing this directive]