1.3 OCCUPATION SAFETY AND HEALTH ADMINISTRATION (OSHA)
• Workers are often exposed to environments that are hazardous.
• To deal with this it was created by congress in 1970.
• It deals with,
- indoor air quality
- guards and safety equipment on machines
- worker training and instruction
• The agency helps set policy and police problems.
• One example is the MSDS sheets that must be posted on all chemicals and be on file in public places. This was created under the Worker Right to Know Act.
[an error occurred while processing this directive]