1.2 CIRCUIT DIAGRAMS
• Most of us will have seen a circuit diagram in the past, but there are some terms and conventions of importance when constructing and reading these diagrams.
- we try to have positive voltages at the top, and sources on the left hand side.
- each device has input/output terminals that are connected to nodes (black dots). They may not be drawn for simple connections, but are implied.
- standard schematic symbols are available to reduce ambiguity.
- All components are labelled with variable names or values.
• Consider the example,
[an error occurred while processing this directive]