REGULATED CONTROL WITH OBSERVERS
• For a regulated system the control output ’u’ can be estimated using the desired system state.
• The system state is often difficult to measure directly, so an estimator can be used. .
• A regulator can use an estimate of the system state to
• The estimators and regulators can be designed separately and then combined. This is the separation principle.
• The simplified block diagram for the system is,
• The compensator,
• This can be converted to a transfer function for the regulator.
• The system can also be set up for a compensator by assuming the setpoint input is not zero,
• Consider an example of a regulator/estimator design,
• This system can be implemented with a C program as shown below,
[an error occurred while processing this directive]