5. Sructured Programming
- structures discussed here are useful for tasks that folloow later
5.1 Menu Driven Programs
- These programs allow users to simply control the computer by making a limited set of choices.
5.2 Polling Programs
- These programs are used to monitor a system for frequent updates.
5.3 Non-Blocking User Input
- The program below can check for user input without being forces to stop and wait.
- comments at the top of each program including author names, descriptions, last revised, etc.
- README files
- make files
- install files
5.5 Other Types
- command line
- batch/configuration file
- mixed UI and active control
- error checking and robustness
- interrupt driven (unix signals)