6.2.1 Solving Linear Equations with Matrices
• Note: if the determinant of a matrix is 0, the matrix is singular and there is no solution for the linear equations
• In Scilab,
• We can solve systems of equations using the inverse matrix,
• We can solve systems of equations using Cramer’s rule (with determinants),
6.2.2 Gauss-Jordan Row Reduction
• In many ways Gauss-Jordan is a form of substitution based upon rearranging equations into an upper-right triangular form.
• The general method works top to bottom ......