1.5 Problems

1. 1. Consider the following probability tree for a single day in a production facility. There is a 10% chance that ’delivery late’ will occur, and an 90% chance that ’delivery on-tine’ will occur. The values on the branches indicate the probability of an event occurring. For example, if there is ’delivery on-time’ there will be a net cost of $400 to process the incoming parts. Write a program that will use the probabilities and costs to calculate the effective income (expenses) for the facility.