2.3 Critical Path Method (CPM)
• Tasks (possibly from a Gannt chart) can be put in a network diagram.
• Earliest Start (ES) the earliest time a task can start.
• Minimum Project Duration - the shortest time to complete the project based upon the longest path.
• Desired Project Duration - the planned time for completing the project.
• Latest Start (LS) - the latest a task can start for a Desired Project Duration.
• Total Float (TF) = LS - ES
• Critical Path - the sequence of tasks that take the longest, and dictate the Minimum Project Duration.