(Note: Problem solutions are available at http://sites.google.com/site/automatedmanufacturingsystems/)
1. Does a PLC normally contain RAM, ROM, EPROM and/or batteries.
2. What are the indicator lights on a PLC used for?
3. A PLC can only go through the ladder logic a few times per second. Why?
4. What will happen if the scan time for a PLC is greater than the time for an input pulse? Why?
5. What is the difference between a PLC and a desktop computer?
6. Why do PLCs do a self check every scan?
7. Will the test time for a PLC be long compared to the time required for a simple program.
8. What is wrong with the following ladder logic? What will happen if it is used?
9. What is the address for a memory location that indicates when a PLC has just been turned on?