6.5 USER INTERPRETATION OF THE GEOMETRIC MODEL
• Every CAD system uses a graphical display for user interpretation of the final part.
• The display methods discussed in the computer graphics section are all used in CAD packages. (Please refer to that section for examples, and explanation of how each display method affects the user).
• There are many techniques possible with computer graphics that make on screen designs easier to understand.
- Placed manually, but updates when dimensions change.
- Annotation - the user may add comments to drawings
- text with a leader pointing to something
- text alone
- Drawing information
- Graphics effects
- Fill Styles - hatching and other patterns selected
- Line Styles - such as hidden, shadow, phantom, etc.
- Color - helps differentiate when there are many lines
[an error occurred while processing this directive]